3 miles east of Owendale at 5801 Sebewaing Road
Racing every Saturday night!
Gates open at 4:00 p.m.
Time Trials at 5:30 p.m.
Racing at 7:00 p.m.
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events
and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of
all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these
rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR
COMPLIANCE WITH, THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of
the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official. The
race director shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose
any further restrictions that in their opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF
SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the track officials.
Their decision is FINAL!!
GENERAL RULES - ALL CLASSES
APPEARANCE: Car number of contrasting color to the car required on both doors, on Top of the car, on the
Right Front Corner of the Windshield, Right Front Corner of the car and Rear Right Bumper. No 3 digits or
letters. Door numbers will be a mandatory 18 inches high, with a 3 inch stroke. Driver's Name will appear over
both doors in letters at least 4 inches high. All cars must be kept neat and in good appearance and are subject
to track official's discretion.
BATTERY: Must be out of driver's compartment, enclosed, securely mounted and separated from driver and/or
fuel tank by sealed fire wall. Must arrive at the track fully charged. Subject to track approval.
BRAKES: Foot operated, four wheel hydraulic brakes in working order. Brake checks will be conducted.
BUMPERS: Bumpers in stock location. Bumpers may be reinforced from behind only. Rear bumpers must be
turned forward or have bracing forward to eliminate sharp ends. Bumpers must be anchored back to frame.
DRIVERS: All drivers must be at least 16 yrs. of age with a valid driver's license!
DRIVESHAFT: Driveshaft must be painted white and have metal strap or chain, located on the forward 1/3 to
prevent from dropping onto the track.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER: An operational fire extinguisher with gauge (minimum 2 ½ pounds) is mandatory. .
Extinguisher gauge must be visible for inspection in a quick release bracket - duct tape not. Acceptable as
FIRE SUITS: Drivers must wear an approved fire suit covering arms to the wrist, and legs to the ankle.
FUEL TANK: Must be securely fastened in trunk and painted "day-glo" orange. Drain holes in trunk are
GLASS: All glass except windshield MUST BE REMOVED. Screen or lexan may be used to replace
windshield. Subject to inspection. Windshields or screens with at least 3 steel bars welded to roll cage to
protect driver from debris, bumpers etc.
GLOVES: Nomex gloves required.
HELMET: Drivers will wear a full-face style helmet. For safety, this will be enforced and subject to inspection.
HOOD: Hoods must be securely fastened. There must be two (2) hood pins across the front, subject to
inspection. An air cleaner or fire arrester are mandatory as well.
MIRRORS: No mirrors permitted.
NECK RESTRAINT: Unaltered neck restraint required.
RACING SEAT: Mandatory in all classes.
RADIATORS: Any radiators MUST have a catch can with a two (2) quart minimum capacity. Radiator protection
must be located between the front tires and behind the stock grill, not more than ten (10) inches above the
bumper height. Pipes are not to exceed 2" O.D. by three (3) feet in length.
RADIOS: ABSOLUTELY NO RADIOS ALLOWED ON PREMISES.
ROLL CAGE: There must be a four (4) point roll cage, with three (3) door bars across the driver's door, tied
together with a vertical center bar and anchored to frame. Driver's door must have an 18" x 24" x 1/8" steel
plate mounted outside bars between roll cage and door skin to protect the driver's body. There must be
minimum of one (1) door bar on the passenger side. Entire cage to be constructed on minimum 1 ¾" O.D. steel
tubing with .095" side wall. Car must be equipped with front and rear frame hoops of 1 ½" O.D. minimum size
ahead and behind driver's compartment. Driver's floor to be 1/8" steel of ¼" aluminum plate. All cages will be
inspected and subject to Track Approval.
SEAT BELTS: Must be racing type and quality. A 3" seat belt, 2" or 3" shoulder harness, and submarine strap
are required and subject to inspection. All seat belts must have a manufacturer's date not over 3 years old.
MANDATORY: All components MUST be fastened during racing. Seat belts must fasten to roll cage.
STARTERS: Must be in working order. If a car must be push started two (2) weeks in a row, that car will not
race the 2nd night.
STEERING ALL classes are required to have a
WHEEL: Removable steering wheel.
WEIGHT: Any car crossing our scales under weight, even by 1 lb. will be disqualified. Loss of any weight may
be grounds for disqualification.
WINDOW NETS: Full window nets mandatory. Must be securely mounted from the top & bottom.
WRECKER HOOK: MANDATORY FRONT & REAR! Must be easily accessible. If no wrecker hooks are on car, the
car will be pushed, towed, or dragged to the infield until racing is over. Wrecker driver and track management
are not responsible for damage to car.
CONDUCT - ALL CLASSES
1. ALL DECISIONS OF TRACK OFFICIALS ARE FINAL.
2. Protests to Track Officials will be made by Drivers Only.
3. Any Driver, Car Owner, or Crew Member suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, will be
asked to leave the track and may be subject to suspension.
4. The track assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged tools, vehicles or equipment.
5. In case of injury, only ambulance personnel are to treat the injured person.
6. No video tapes will be viewed to argue a decision made by track officials!
7. ANY DRIVER OR DRIVERS CREW THAT STARTS A FIGHT WILL RECEIVE 2 WEEKS SUSPENSION AND LOSS
OF POINTS AND MONEYS FOR THAT NIGHT, 2ND OFFENCE DRIVER AND CREW WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR ONE
YEAR FROM THE DATE OF INFRACTION. NO FIGHTING WILL BE TOLERATED
POINTS & REGISTRATION
1. All drivers must register their car and number to receive points and money.
2. More than 1 driver may register to drive the same car.
3. Points go to the car . No points will be given to unregistered drivers.
4. All cars must be driven by the driver who qualifies it. Driver changes will result in that car starting in the
5. If caught driving another car without being registered to drive that car, that car/driver will not receive points
or money for the evening. You must register prior to qualifying the car.
6. If any driver is barred or suspended, that car is also barred.
7. The top 5 finishers of a SEMI FEATURE that move on to the FEATURE, do not receive points for the SEMI.
PROCEDURES - ALL CLASSES
1. Qualifying will take place between 5:30 AND 6:30 PM. If you miss qualifying in your class, you will start at
the rear of the fast heat!
2. If there are 11 or more cars in a class, there will be more than 1 heat. 10 or less = one (1) heat. The slow
qualifiers will be in the 1st heat, fast qualifiers in the 2nd heat.
3. When there are more than 20 cars in any class, there will be a SEMI FEATURE.
4. In the SEMI FEATURE, the fastest qualifiers will start at the front.
5. The top 15 qualifiers are locked into the FEATURE, with the remaining cars running in either the SEMI
and/or Concolation. A total of 20 cars will run in the FEATURE.
6. QUALIFYING WILL CONSIST OF 2 LAPS, YOU WILL GET THE GREEN YOUR FIRST TIME BY THE FLAG
STAND, IF YOU SPIN YOU STAY ON THE CLOCK FOR THAT LAP
7. Drivers can't pass until their car gets to the cone. If you jump the start, it will result in you going to the rear
of the field!
8. The 1st lap of each race must be completed without a yellow flag or a complete restart will apply. After 1
restart, a single file restart will apply. A driver causing two (2) yellow flags in any given race will be sent to the
9. All restarts will revert back to the last completed lap.
10. Once on the track surface, anyone going into the pits will restart at the rear of the field.
11. When leaving the racing surface and entering the pit area, drivers must proceed slowly and not throw
gravel or put others in danger. You will only be able to return to the racing surface when there is a caution.
Any action that causes danger will result in that car being barred, fined or both, for a length of time seen fit by
12. When the White Flag is thrown and a caution (Yellow Flag) comes out, the White Flag will serve as the
Checkered Flag/Last Lap. Do NOT race back to the flag stand!!
13. No drivers are allowed to get out of their car while on the racing surface, unless instructed/permitted by
14. The top 5 finishers in any FEATURE are subject to inspection and weigh-in. Any rule violations will result in
that car and driver being subject to penalties, which may include loss of points and/or money for the night.
The violation must be fixed by the next race or the car/driver will not race!!
15. If you are asked to leave the track for any reason, at any point in the evening, you and/or including, your
pit crew, will not be refunded any money.
16. Drivers must have raced two (2) previous raves to be eligible to run Championship Night.
17. In the interest on fair racing, if a driver feels another driver is racing illegally, approaches one of the two
(2) inspectors with $50.00. Upon inspection, if the suspected driver is legal, $25 will go to that driver in question
and $25 towards point fund. If the driver is illegal, the driver making the inquiry will get $50 back and the
illegal driver will lose all points and money for that night.
18. Track Officials reserve the right to have any driver start at the rear of the field until the driver proves they
can handle their car.
19 IF YOU ARE NOT LINED UP WHEN YOUR RACE IS CALLED YOU WILL START AT THE BACK. WHEN YOU
ENTER THE TRACK FOR A RACE YOU WILL GET ONE LAP THEN WE WILL GO GREEN.
20. ANY CAR THAT TRACK OFFICIALS SEE AS HAZARDOUS MECHANICALLY OR DRIVEN WILL BE BLACK
FLAGGED AND SENT TO THE PITS.
21. POINTS TOTAL WILL BE BASED ON DRIVERS HIGHEST POINT NITES THROWING OUT THEIR 2 LOWEST
NITES. EXAMPLE: IF YOU RAN 18 NIGHTS FOR POINTS WE WILL SCORE ONLY YOUR BEST 16. CHAMPIONSHIP
NIGHT IS A NONE POINTS NITE.
Any female, 16 years of age or older, with a valid driver's license may sign up to race in this division.
Participation in at least two (2) races is required to run Championship Night. Points are given to the driver and
no driver currently racing in another class at Owendale Speedway can participate in this class.
SPECTATOR DRAGS/MECHANIC RACE
No driver currently racing or registered to race, at Owendale Speedway, will be allowed to participate in
QUALIFYING: 10 Points
TOP QUALIFIERS: 1st - 10 pts. 2nd - 8 pts. 3rd - 6 pts. 4th - 4 pts. 5th - 3 pts. 6th - 2pts. 7th - 1 pt.
4 CAR DASH: 1st -4 pts. 2nd - 3pts. 3rd - 2 pts. 4th - 1pt.
HEATS: 1st Heat: 1st - 8 pts. 2nd - 7 pts. 3rd - 6 pts. 4th - 5 pts. 5th - 4 pts. 6th - 3 pts. 7th - 2 pts. 8th & down 1 pt.
2nd Heat: 1st - 9 pts. 2nd - 8 pts. 3rd - 7pts. 4th - 6 pts. 5th - 5 pts. 6th - 4 pts. 7th - 3 pts. 8th - 2 pts.
9th & down: 1 pt.
3rd Heat: 1st - 10 pts. 2nd - 9 pts. 3rd - 8 pts. 4th - 7 pts. 5th - 6 pts. 6th - 5 pts. 7th - 4 pts. 8th - 3 pts. 9th - 2 pts.
10th & down: 1 pt.
SEMI: 6th - 10 pts. 7th - 9 pts. 8th - 8 pts. 9th - 7 pts. 10th - 6 pts. 11th - 5 pts. 12th - 4 pts. 13th - 3 pts. 14th - 2 pts.
15th & down - 1 pt.
FEATURES: 1st - 25 pts. 2nd - 23 pts. 3rd - 21 pts. 4th - 19 pts. 5th - 18 pts. 6th - 17 pts. 7th - 16 pts. 8th - 15 pts.
9th - 14 pts. 10th- 13 pts. 11th- 12 pts. 12th- 11 pts. 13th- 10 pts. 14th- 9 pts. 15th - 8 pts. 16th - 7 pts. 17th - 6 pts.
18th & down - 5 pts.
**You must complete 5 laps to receive start money & complete at least 1 lap to receive points!
**IN INTERST OF FAIR COMPETITIVE RACING, THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY TRACK
OFFICALS. WITH ADEQUATE NOTIFICATION, ITEMS NOT LISTED IN THIS SET OF RULES ARE SUBJECT TO
THE DISCRETION OF TRACK OFFICIALS
RACE RECEIVERS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL CLASSES.